Sunday, February 7, 2016

3 week Cut Back Grocery Shopping challenge

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

This weekend I have been trying to come up with and set up a system for keeping track of our budget and expenditures. Not an easy task to say the very least but I know that I am doing this with a goal in mind and it HAS to be done. In doing so I realized we've already spent almost as much as we've made for the month (and we know to live well you must spend less than you make) and so hubby and I have decided to put ourselves up for a challenge.

We will not be grocery shopping for the rest of the month for items with the exception of milk and fresh produce which is mostly for the kiddos if there is anything else we buy I will disclose that. Other then that we are going to live off of whatever we have in the pantry, fridge and freezer. I do usually try and have our staples always on hand and whenever I see a good sale I always buy extra than what is just needed. So with that said, I think we will be okay and this is going to be a nice challenge for us, especially for me as the one who composes all our meals. It's going to take some creativity sometimes but I am sure I can make it work. I'm excited and looking forward to the challenge.

Check back every week for an update on how this challenge is going. I will try and post as much info and pictures of our pantry and fridge contents and the meals we make. I don't usually meal plan much ahead of time. Usually I will just come up with dinner based on what's in the house. It is however one of my goals. (I promise I will work on it very soon)

I wanted to give everyone a look at what we're starting with to get an idea of where we stand.
Here is a look at my pantry, fridge and freezer.











Would you be able to take on this challenge? Try one week and see how it goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. I will read each and every one and respond. Please let me know if there's anything you would like to see more of, or just your thoughts or questions.