Thursday, February 4, 2016

About Me

Hello everyone. Welcome to my blog where I hope to help you learn and inspire you to save and live frugally while I continuously learn new ways to save a penny or two.
I'll start by giving you a little background about me and my family.
My husband and I are born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. We have two beautiful girls ages 2 and 5. We have recently moved this past November of 2015 to Dallas, Texas. It has been a big change and we are loving every minute of it so far. Things have happened quickly for us and there hasn't been much time between settling in and having to just jump right into our lives with work and school, but I have to say we have been lucky. My husband got a great job to start the same week we moved. He is working a short 5 minute walk away from home. (Score!!!) That means no gas spent on commute and he gets to come home for break and eat a nice home made dinner and spend time with his family before returning to work.(How awesome is that, right?!?!) 
With the move however we did go down from two incomes to one. I have been staying home to avoid those crazy out of control day care cost. Unless I find the right job with the right pay it's just not worth it to put my little ones in child care. Not only would I lose family time spent with the little ones but I would be working just to pay childcare cost and make very little money out of it.

These circumstances have lead me to the inspiration for this blog. In the past few months I have been home I have learned so many new ways I can help my family save money and I continue to find new inspiration and ways every day. I want you to join me on that journey of discovery and if you learn at least one thing or inspire you to try something new by showing you that if a regular gal like me can do this you can too it would make me one very happy lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. I will read each and every one and respond. Please let me know if there's anything you would like to see more of, or just your thoughts or questions.